Published using Blogger.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Stop the presses: Matier & Ross at the SF Chronicle report that the Housing market could turn shaky for Dellums .
I reported that story more than a month ago, with specific examples. Guys, the housing market ALREADY HAS turned shaky in Oakland. How about throwing some of those examples in your column?
Here are just a few:
One phone call to the right Oakland development official would have uncovered at least two of these examples. Or just reading my newspaper. Oh well.
- Lennar cancelled a 500-850 unit highrise housing development at the Cochran & Celli site
- Olson is no longer planning to put an approved 111 unit project at Jack London Square (may sell it) (see inside of June 16 SF Business Times)
- Pulte said sales at its Jack London Square project on Alice St are flat -- no price growth -- and it has decided to pursue no further midrise or highrise projects in Oakland
- As of April, GreenCity Lofts was reporting weak sales and plans to add unplanned finishes to the units
- Two landowners have downsized plans for highrise housing towers to midrise and lowrise projects